Wednesday, May 16, 2007

One of the Scariest Places on Earth



So tell me this house isn't scary.

It is. And you know it.

And when you look on the most haunted lists of America, half of the most terrifying places in the nation are old plantations...where people hear chains rattling...folks hollerin off in the dark...

Anyway, I had this idea late last year to write a grimy genre film. Called Slasher. A horror film. And to complete the whole thing from start to finish in 30 days. Nothing too serious. Just fun.

I started on April 27th. I finished on March 6th. One week!

Anyway, I would like to thank the Wondaland Arts Society (especially Delvin Stanklin, Control Z, MitchOWski, Mikael Moore, and Miyamoto, who have already read the script), Chris Chambliss (for his continued use of fragmented knowledge and wacked-out inspiration), Michelle Manuel (who loves, loves, LOVES horror films!), Mykal Monroe, Emily Parker and Janelle Monáe (who believed I was holding seances late at night, invoking spirits and burning magic candles to help with the script), Erica Conner (who executive produced Idlewild and read the script last weekend...so we'll see....), and my sis Kim Joseph (who put me onto a rare Takashi Miike film)...

And most of all, thanks to America...One of the Scariest Places on Earth...

I'll keep you posted on the progress of everythang. Let the pitching begin...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh you're welcome shawty